About Julie Fisher
Julie Fisher was elected to the Pembina Trails School Board in 2010. She believes that our children need to be engaged in their learning and she supports programming that fosters the relationship between student, school and community. Julie is a strong voice at the board table and advocates for the families she serves. She believes in effective communication between the school division and community regarding changes to programming, catchment and budget. She is committed to supporting the families and students of Pembina Trails.
Julie grew up in Charleswood, graduated from Oak Park High School and received her Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture from the University of Manitoba. She is married with 4 young daughters, 3 attending elementary school in Pembina Trails.
Family and community are her highest priorities. She serves as president of the board at Richmond Kings Nursery School, is the Preteen Dance Coordinator for Richmond Kings Community Centre, the Treasurer for Sparks Unit 351 and as a volunteer at the Mid Winter Festival at Acadia Junior High.
As a current member of the Pembina Trails School Board Julie serves as the Chair of the Buildings, Property and Transportation committee and as a member of the Communications committee. She is a governing board member of the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (formerly Winnipeg Technical College) and a provincial trustee representative for the Manitoba Public School Employee Group Life Insurance Plan. She is a member of the Fort Garry Community Network and the Fort Garry Healthy Together Now grant committee.
Committed to education in our local community.
Supporting children to reach their full potential.
- Graduate of Oak Park High School
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from University of Manitoba
- Married with 4 young daughters, 3 attending elementary school in Pembina Trails
- President of Richmond Kings Nursery School (2010 to present)
- Treasurer of Sparks Unit 351
- Preteen dance coordinator for Richmond King’s Community Centre
- Member of the Fort Garry Network
- Member of the Fort Garry Healthy Together Now Grant selection Committee
- Volunteer at the Mid-Winter Festival at Acadia Jr. High & 2015 Committee Chair
- Roots of Empathy baby for Chancellor school 2012-2013
School Board Accomplishments
- Board Committee positions: Education, Communications, Finance, Staff contract negotiations and Pembina Trails Voices
- Chair of the Buildings, Property and Transportation committee (2012-2014) and Chair of the Educational Support Fund Committee (2010-2012)
- Provincial Trustee representative for the Manitoba School Boards Association committee, Manitoba Public School Employee Group Life Insurance Plan
- Governing Board Member of Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (formerly Winnipeg Technical College) 2011 to present
- Completed certificate in the iPEC educational leadership program – coach centric leadership for education professionals program