About Julie Fisher
Julie Fisher was elected to the Pembina Trails School Board in 2010. She believes that our children need to be engaged in their learning and she supports programming that fosters the relationship between student, school and community. Julie is a strong voice at the board table and advocates for the families she serves. She believes in effective communication between the school division and community regarding changes to programming, catchment and budget. She is committed to supporting the families and students of Pembina Trails.
Julie grew up in Charleswood, graduated from Oak Park High School and received her Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture from the University of Manitoba. She is married with 5 young daughters, 4 attending elementary and middle school in Pembina Trails.
Family and community are her highest priorities. She serves as President of the Board for South Winnipeg Community Center, President of the Board at Richmond Kings Nursery School, the Treasurer for Sparks Unit 351 & Brownies Unit 353, President of the Board for McConnell School of Dance Student Association and is a volunteer Chair at the United Kingdom Pavilion for Folklorama. She is an avid volunteer for her children’s schools and the community.
As current Chair of the Board for Pembina Trails School Division Julie attends all committee meetings of the board. She is the Vice-Chair of the governing board for the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (formerly Winnipeg Technical College) and a provincial trustee representative for the Manitoba Public School Employee Benefits Trust and the Aboriginal and Indigenous Education Action Planning Committee. She is also a member of the Fort Garry Healthy Together Now grant committee.
Committed to education in our local community.
Supporting children to reach their full potential.
- Graduate of Oak Park High School
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from University of Manitoba
- Married with 5 young daughters, 4 attending elementary and middle school in Pembina Trails
- President of the South Winnipeg Community Centre
- President of Richmond Kings Nursery School (2010 to present)
- Treasurer of Sparks Unit 351 and Brownies Unit 353
- President of the McConnell School of Dance Student Association
- Member of the Fort Garry Healthy Together Now Grant selection Committee
- Volunteer Chair for the United Kingdom Pavilion for Folklorama
- Ringette 4 U team Manager
- Skate with Santa breakfast organizer for the South Winnipeg Community Centre
- Roots of Empathy baby for Chancellor school 2012-2013
School Board Accomplishments
- Current Chair of the Board for Pembina Trails School Division
- Board Committee positions: Education, Communications, Finance, Buildings, Property and Transportation, Staff contract negotiations and Pembina Trails Voices
- Vice Chair of the Governing Board for the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology (formerly Winnipeg Technical College)
- Provincial Trustee representative for the Manitoba School Boards Association committee, Manitoba Public School Employee Benefits Trust
- Provincial Trustee representative for the Manitoba School Boards Association Aboriginal and Indigenous Education Action Planning Committee
- Completed certificate in the iPEC educational leadership program – coach centric leadership for education professionals program